The working language of each class and workshop is English, but can be negotiated so that it were understood by all participants. The language of all public lectures is English. Terms of participation:
- Participation in the Masterclasses is free for all selected finalists.
- Application is open to citizens of any country, nationality and age and have at least some experience in the field of electroacoustic music.English language proficiency at the B1 level is desirable but optional.
- Organizers will cover travel and accommodation costs in Vienna for five selected participants who are citizens of Ukraine permanently residing on its territory.
- The participants of the Masterclasses will be selected through an open call.
- Participants are selected jointly by mentors. The selection process is moderated by representatives of the Ukrainian Institute and The Acousmatic Project.
- Participants requiring a visa to enter the territory of the Republic of Austria may receive invitations from the organizers upon request. For such participants, the organizers will send an invitation to participate in the Masterclasses to obtain a permit document.
- The following categories are not eligible to participate: a) persons who are forbidden to enter the Republic of Austria; b) persons who have submitted the application after the deadline; c) persons who do not meet the requirements specified in the open call.
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances, the organizers reserve the right to make changes to the Masterclasses' programme components with the obligatory public announcement of such changes and personal informing the involved participants.
How to apply:
To apply for the Masterclasses, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
with the subject "SoundsAroundMe_LastName_FirstName" no later than June 2, 2019, 23:59 GMT + 2.
Please attach to the letter:
The announcement of winners will take place on 25 June 2019 through The Acousmatic Project and Ukrainian Institute websites.
- A filled-in application form (please find it here), titled "FirstName_LastName_Application_SoundsAroundMe". In the application form, among other things, it is necessary to specify a link to 1-3 own compositions in the appropriate paragraph.
- Short bio in English up to 2 pages (pdf file, titled "FirstName_LastName_CV_SoundsAroundMe").
All participants will be as well personally informed.
For inquiries, please send an email to email@example.com
with the subject SoundsAroundMe
.Venues involved as partners:
Academy of fine Arts Vienna
Lehárgasse 8 1060 ViennaUniversity of Music and Performing arts Vienna
Institute of electroacoustic music
Rinößlgasse 12 1050 ViennaKlangraum Fröbelgasse
Fröbelgasse 30 1160 ViennaEchoraum
Sechshauserstrasse 66 1150 ViennaAlte Schmiede Kunstverein Wien
Schönlaterngasse 9 1010 Vienna