Volodymyr Sheiko was re-elected General Director of the Ukrainian Institute
According to the voting results of the competition committee meeting for the candidate election, Volodymyr Sheiko won the competition.
Volodymyr Sheiko is the first General Director of the Ukrainian Institute, an expert in cultural diplomacy, cultural management, marketing, and communications.
Before joining the Institute, Volodymyr worked at the British Council office in Ukraine as Director Arts, Regional Arts Manager for South-East Europe and Central Asia, and Regional Marketing and Communications Manager. Throughout his career he organised and produced multiple cultural projects in the sphere of film, performing arts, visual art, literature and music, as well as capacity building, residency, research, and policy reform programmes.
He holds a master’s degree in international relations from the Institute of International Relations of the National University of Kyiv, and professional diplomas in marketing and digital marketing from the Chartered Institute of Marketing (UK). Alumnus of the Bucerius Summer School of Global Governance (2016), Summer Institute on Public Diplomacy at the University of Southern California (2019), School for Strategy Architects at the Kyiv-Mohyla Business School (2020).
Сandidates for the position of General Director were:
- Maria Lypyatska, expert on strategic communications and development of national brands, advisor to the Minister for Foreign Affairs of Ukraine;
- Kostantyn Spilka, cultural figure, project manager in the cultural sphere;
- Volodymyr Sheiko, First General Director of the Ukrainian Institute, expert in cultural diplomacy, cultural management, marketing, and communications.
The competition committee consisted of:
- Solomiia Borshosh, Independent Researcher for the Evaluation of Democracy and International Development Programs for UNDP, the European Endowment for Democracy, the Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency, and the United States Agency for International Development
- Sofia Dyak, Director of the Center for Urban History of East Central Europe
- Vadym Karpyak, host of the political talk show on the ICTV channel “Freedom of Speech”
- Anton Drobovych, Head of the Ukrainian Institute of National Memory, scientist, expert in the field of education and culture, researcher of mythology and modern communications, art critic
- Vakhtang Kebuladze, philosopher, writer, and translator, Professor of Department of Theoretical and Practical Philosophy at Kyiv Taras Shevchenko National University, Doctor of Philosophy
- Bohdan Logvynenko, Head of the public organization Ukraїner
- Artem Bidenko, CEO at the Institute of Information Security
- Iryna Borovets, Acting Director, Communications and Public Diplomacy Department, MFA of Ukraine
The protocol of the competition committee meeting can be found on the website of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine (available in Ukrainian): https://mfa.gov.ua/storage/app/sites/1/Український%20інститут/vytiah-z-protocolu-3-20-zhovtnia-2021.pdf
Live broadcast recordings of the meeting are on the Facebook page of the Ukrainian Institute via the links (in Ukrainian):
Part One https://fb.watch/8M21y7VFVa/
Part Two https://fb.watch/8M20zPUy0K/