The priorities of activity of the Ukrainian Institute formed based on:
- Two internal strategic sessions in August-September 2018;
- Public strategic session of the Institute on October 18, 2018;
- Strategic session on cultural diplomacy jointly with the Ukrainian Cultural Fund;
- Consultations with 80 experts and sector professionals in culture, creative industries and education in August-December 2018;
- Consultations with team leaders and programme managers of the British Council, the Goethe-Institut, the Czech Center, the Polish Institute, the Adam Mickiewicz Institute, and the Lithuanian Cultural Institute;
- Work meetings with heads of foreign cultural and educational institutions in Spain, Germany, the Czech Republic, Poland.
The priorities of the programme activity of the Ukrainian Institute are as follows:
- Presentation of Ukrainian culture abroad;
- Ukraine’s participation in the key world cultural, educational, and scientific events;
- International exchanges and mobility;
- Promotional projects;
- Support for Ukrainian Studies;
- Teaching and promoting the Ukrainian language abroad;
- Research platform.