UKRAINA! Festiwal Filmowy to screen 54 Ukrainian in Poland
The Ukrainian Institute continues its long-term cooperation with the festival UKRAINA! Festiwal Filmowy, the only full-scale festival of Ukrainian cinema and culture in Poland. This year, the festival presents its 7th edition. For the third year in a row, the Ukrainian Institute has become a full-fledged partner of the event to spread knowledge about modern Ukraine and Ukrainians.
The festival lasts from 21 to 29 October at the Kinoteka cinema in Warsaw and from 1 to 14 November online on the website https://vod.warszawa.pl/.
There will also be replicas of the festival called Przegląd Filmowy UKRAINA! in other cities of Poland: Wroclaw, Żywiec, Poznań, Gorzów-Wielkopolski, Białystok, Gliwice, Gdańsk, Płock, Toruń.
There will be screenings of 54 Ukrainian films: feature films, documentaries, children’s films, as well as special selection Mariupol. Among these Ukrainian and co-produced with Ukraine films are prize winners and participants of such film festivals as Berlinale, Sundance, Cannes, Locarno and Venice:
- 107 Mothers (Cenzorka), dir. Peter Kerekes
- A House Made of Splinters, dir. Simon Lereng Wilmont
- Butterfly Vision, directed by Maksym Nakonechnyi
- How Is Katya? directed by Christina Tynkevych
- Klondike, directed by Marina Er Horbach
- Pamfir, directed by Dmytro Suholytkyy-Sobchuk
- Reflection, directed by Valentin Vasyanovych
- Boney Piles (Terykony), directed by Taras Tomenko
Detailed program and tickets are available on the festival’s website: https://ukrainaff.com
Screenings of Ukrainian films and public talks with the creative teams were organized by the festival programme team in cooperation with the Ukrainian Institute.