Open-call for Ukrainian musicians to the international festival c/o Pop, Germany
As part of the Extra Sound Ukrainian Institute programme, three Ukrainian musical bands or performers will be able to represent the country at the c/o Pop Festival 2023, as well as take part in conferences and networking events of the festival on April 26-30, 2023.
c/o Pop is a music festival held in Cologne, Germany, which annually gathers about 30,000 visitors. During the festival, Cologne turns into the capital of dance music from all over the world.
Open selection for participation in the c/o Pop Festival 2023 will last until January 20, 2023. Public announcement of the results of the open selection takes place on the official website and social media pages of the Ukrainian Institute no later than February 15, 2023.
Citizens of Ukraine of three categories have the right to apply: musical performers, representatives of musical bands, music managers. The application can be submitted both from an individual and from a legal entity representing the interests of specific individuals
Applicants must meet the following technical criteria:
- the activities and position of the applicants do not contradict the principles and values of the Ukrainian Institute;
- all band members/performers are of legal age;
- all band members/performers have Ukrainian citizenship and live in Ukraine.
- English proficiency at level B2 or higher;
- have proven musical experience;
- provided a scanned copy of the passport and certificate;
- confirm readiness for public communication and presentation of their practices with participation in the event.
Applications meeting the technical criteria will be evaluated against the following qualifying criteria:
- Applicant has had at least one foreign concert in the last 3 years.
- Applicant had a contract with a foreign or Ukrainian music label.
- Applicant had at least 2 publications in foreign media over the past 2 years.
- Applicant has a professional team in the domestic market (manager/agent/booking manager).
- Applicant has a professional team with international contacts.
Applications that meet at least two of the five qualification criteria will be submitted to the c/o Pop programme team for selection of festival participants. Compliance with the qualification criteria is assessed by a specialist in the programme department of the Ukrainian Institute together with the showcase partner – Music Export Ukraine.
Music performers and specialists in the music sector who publicly support or have supported the following are not allowed to participate in the selection:
- in 2014 the temporary occupation of the Crimean peninsula and part of the Donetsk and Luhansk regions or violated the Procedure for entry into and exit from the temporarily occupied territory of Ukraine, approved by the Resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine dated June 4, 2015 No. 367
- in 2022, a full-scale invasion of the Russian Federation into Ukraine
To fill in the application form, please follow the link. Answer in both Ukrainian and English. Make sure all links are available for public.
Deadline: January 20, 2023.
The participation of musicians at the c/o Pop festival as part of the Extra Sound programme is being organized in partnership with the Goethe Institute and Open Society Foundations.
Showcase partner – Music Export Ukraine.