Brussels to host International Cultural Diplomacy Forum 2022
On December 7, Brussels (Belgium) will host the annual International Cultural Diplomacy Forum, that brings together leading experts from Ukraine and other countries to discuss insights, best practices, challenges, and the future of international cultural diplomacy and cultural relations.
This year the forum aims to bring the civil society and public sector together to develop a consolidated position on the future of international cultural relations in Europe and the integration of Ukrainian culture operators into the cultural sphere of the EU.
Сultural diplomacy practitioners, international journalists, scientists, and diplomats will talk about strengthening cultural relations between Ukraine and the EU, as well as about the rethinking the role and the future of European cultural relations in the aftermath of Russia’s full-scale invasion of Ukraine, and to discuss practical solutions to sustain and rebuild the country’s devastated cultural ecosystem.
Among the panel discussions announced in the programme of the Forum:
- From resilience to resistance. Ukrainian culture at war
- Rethinking the role of international cultural relations in Europe and beyond
- Mobilising Culture for War: the Case of Russia. Presentation of the research of Russia’s cultural diplomacy institutions
- Misuse and instrumentalisation of culture: how to deal with the consequences
- Bricks and Mortar: Developing Sustainable EU-Ukraine Cultural Relations
The full programme of the event is by the link.
During the forum, a multimedia exhibition “Postcards from Ukraine” will be held, which aims to demonstrate the damage caused to the Ukrainian culture heritage by Russian troops.
In 2022, the Forum will be held in Brussels with an online broadcast on the Ukrainian Institute pages in social networks.
The International Cultural Diplomacy Forum 2022 is organised by the Ukrainian Institute in cooperation with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine and Jam Factory Art Center.