Generation Ukraine: ARTE Project Supporting Ukrainian Documentary Presented at Dok Leipzig
The presentation of the Generation Ukraine project by ARTE, in partnership with the Ukrainian Institute, took place at the Dok Leipzig festival.
Generation Ukraine is a project by the French-German media platform ARTE, aimed at supporting the Ukrainian documentary film industry by co-producing 12 documentaries that explore the Ukrainian reality from the inside, shedding light on the consequences of the Russian war against Ukraine. The total budget planned to be invested in the production of films from the Generation Ukraine is over one million euros.
The event also involved partners of the project, including representatives from the DAE – Documentary Association of Europe, Doc Society, French Ministry of Foreign Affairs, ARTE France, ARTE G.E.I.E, ZDF, MDR, SWR, BR and RBB. Iryna Kyporenko, Film Programme Manager at the Ukrainian Institute, also joined the presentation of the Generation Ukraine project.
During the presentation, six creative groups presented their documentary film projects:
- Another Man’s Diary, dir. Oleksandr Tkachenko, prod. Illia Gladshtein
- A Bit of a Stranger, dir. Svetlana Lischynska, prod. Anna Kapustina
- The Blessed Ones, dir. Andrii Lysetskyi, prod. Olha Beskhmelnytsina, Erik Winker
- The Days I Would Like to Forget, dir. Maksym Nakonechnyi, prod. Eugene Rachkovsky, Nabil Bellahsene, Ralph Wieser
- Intercepted, dir. Oksana Karpovych, prod. Darya Bassel, Olha Beskhmelnytsina, Giacomo Nudi, Pauline Tran Van Lieu
- Queens of Joy, dir. Olga Gibelinda, prod. Ivanna Khitsinska, Louis Beaudemont
All the film projects from the Generation Ukraine selection are available here.