Performative readings of Ukrainian plays will take place on October 9 at the German festival Radar Ost
The German festival of Eastern European theatre Radar Ost will host performative readings of plays that won the Ukrainian Institute’s drama competition ‘Transmission.ua: drama on the move. Germanyʼ 2020. The readings will take place on October 9 in Berlin, Germany.
The curatorial group of the festival selected five theatrical texts by Ukrainian authors, translated into German:
- Post-documentary play “Horizon 200”. Authors: Olena Apchel, Oksana Danchuk
- Finding a way to speak in 5 scenes “What is Jewish music”. Author: Anastasiia Kosodiy
- Social tragicomedy “Explosive”. Author: Nataliia Blok
- Tragicomedy “Pork”. Author: Kateryna Penkova
- Tragicomedy “The ball flew to the east coast.” Author: Olga Maciupa
The purpose of the programme ʼTransmission.ua: drama on the move. Germanyʼ is to expand the knowledge about Ukraine in Germany through theatrical texts and counteract the cultural isolation of Ukraine. The subprogramme is implemented within the programme of the Ukrainian Institute ʼTransmission.ua: drama on the moveʼ with the support of the Goethe-Institut Ukraine.
As part of the festival, the play “Bad Roads” of the The Kyiv State Drama and Comedy Theatre on left bank of Dnipro river based on a film by Nataliia Vorozhbyt will be shown on October 9-10.