Ukrainian focus at the Trieste Film Festival (Italy)
About the project
The Trieste Film Festival is a leading Italian film festival dedicated to Central and Eastern European cinema. In 2023, the festival’s traditional focus programme Wild Roses is dedicated to Ukrainian female directors – courageous and strong voices of an unyielding and resilient cinema.
Produced in Ukraine and coproduced with Ukraine films will also be presented in other programmes of the festival.
The 34th edition of the Trieste Film Festival is unspooling from 21-28 January.
Focus programme Wild Roses
The programme presents 7 FEATURE FILMS:
- Outside by Ol’ha Zhurba
- Klondike by Maryna Er Horbac
- This Rain Will Never Stop by Alina Horlova (proMOTION 2020 winner)
- When the Trees Fall by Marysja Nikitjuk
- Stop Zemlia by Kateryna Hornostai (proMOTION 2020 winner)
- Home Games by Alisa Kovalenko
- Pryvoz by Eva Nejman
3 SHORT FILMS
- Blood by Valeria Sochyvets,
- I did not want to make a war film by Nadia Parfan
- The Seventh Shift by Nataliya Ilchuk
Within the co-production forum WHEN EAST MEETS WEST
- Honeymoon by Zhanna Ozirnaya
- It’s Not A Full Picture by Maryna Stepanska
Feature Film Competition
Butterfly Vision by Maksym Nakonechnyi (proMOTION 2021 winner)
- The Hamlet Syndrome by Elwira Niewiera and Piotr Rosołowski
- Fragile Memory by Igor Ivanko (proMOTION 2021 winner)
Documentary out of Competition
- Mariupolis 2 by Mantas Kvedaravicius
- Liturgy of Anti-Tank Obstacles by Dmytro Sukholytkyy-Sobchuk
This edition’s poster
This edition’s poster speaks in the same ‘Ukrainian’ terms, exhibiting a reworked image taken by the internationally renowned photographer Oleksandr Rupeta.