proMOTION 2022 — programme of systematic support of international promotion of Ukrainian cinema
April 11 2022, 23:59
proMOTION is a long-term programme, developed by the Ukrainian Institure, that aims to support the international promotion of Ukrainian films
About the programme
The programme aims to increase the presence of Ukrainian cinema on the international market and its visibility in the foreign information space.
Terms of selection 2022
In 2022, the Ukrainian Institute will provide the promotion of five film projects* abroad, which, as a result of expert evaluation, will score higher than others, up to UAH 300,000, including all mandatory taxes and fees.
Requirements for applicants:
- A production company registered in Ukraine.
- An agreement with the author of the film project on the transfer of exclusive property rights to the film.
- No financial debts.
- Professional experience.
- Experience of international cooperation and confirmed partnerships will be an advantage.
- The activities and position of the applicant do not contradict the principles and values of the Ukrainian Institute.
Legal entities of all forms of ownership (production companies) and sole proprietors registered in Ukraine, who have exclusive property rights to the film project and its use in any form and in any way in the territory, on which the promotion within the proMOTION program is foreseen, can submit a competitive application.
During the current calendar year, the same legal entity/sole proprietor may submit no more than two applications with different film projects for art competitions organized by the Ukrainian Institute.
Services of the promotion of film projects selected as a result of the competition may be provided between May 21th and December 10th, 2022.
The selection of film projects will be carried out by the competition commission:
- Lukian Halkin, executive producer of UA: Culture TV channel, film critic, lecturer of two-year programmes of Kyiv Academy of Media Arts
- Viktor Hlon, selector and programme coordinator of the Molodist Kyiv International Film Festival and AIFF / American Film Festival “Independence”, film expert
- Alina Horlova, film director, producer of documentary and feature films
- Maksym Nakonechnyi, film director, screenwriter, and producer of documentary and feature films (Alina Horlova and Maksym Nakonechnyi will evaluate together on behalf of the independent film studio TABOR Production)
All questions regarding the competitive documentation can be sent to [email protected].
* The Ukrainian Institute reserves the right to recognize 6 (six) film projects as winners of the Art Competition if the list of projects with the highest scores relative to others includes two short films with the total cost of both film projects up to UAH 300,000.00 (three hundred thousand hryvnias 00 kopecks) including all mandatory taxes and fees.
Given the full-scale invasion of Russia on the territory of Ukraine, the Ukrainian Institute reserves the right to adapt the programme to the current situation, in particular to ensure the promotion abroad of fewer film projects and/or to a lesser extent.