A single-domed wooden church built in 1873.
A single-domed wooden church dedicated to St. George was built in 1873 in the village of Zavorychi, Kyiv region/oblast. In 1935, the Soviet regime closed the church for worship and turned it into a granary.
In 1968, worship services were resumed, and the church was repainted, losing almost all of the original paintings. In 1998-2012, the church was restored, as well as the ancient frescoes depicting the Virgin and scenes with the salvation of St. Peter. St. George’s Church in the village of Zavorychi is an architectural monument and cultural heritage site.
On March 7th, 2022, during the Russian invasion of Ukraine, the Russian occupiers destroyed the ancient St. George’s Church with artillery fire. As a result of the shelling, the church burned down. The fire emerged because of a direct hit, with eyewitnesses saying that the occupiers deliberately aimed one of the shells at the temple’s dome. The fence of the church was shot with a machine gun.
The biggest transport aircraft in the world, constructed by Antonov State Enterprise in Kyiv.
In the spring of 2022 the Church of St. Andrew the First-Called in Bucha became a mass grave for 119 people killed by the Russian military during the occupation.
It is the tallest construction in Ukraine and the second tallest tower in Europe.
A rare monument of Ukrainian wooden architecture built in 1879.
One of the first cultural institutions in Ukraine, which was built in the postwar period due to the city community’s initiative. The building was officially opened in 1954. From then until 2022, its auditorium brought together about 500 people for each event.
A monument to the classic of Ukrainian literature.
The museum exposition included the collection of works by world-famous Ukrainian artist Mariia Prymachenko.
Since 2006 Mala Opera is an art space.